Celebrate Mongolian traditional New Year like Mongols with local herders on 15th & 16th Feb 2018. “Tsagaan Sar” /White Moon / takes place at the beginning of spring and is the biggest annual celebration in Mongolia. In collaboration with local nomadic families we have been organizing a “Tsagaan Sar” event every year in our Mongolian Secret History Travel Complex since 2008. The main purpose of the event is to promote the Mongolian Nomads’ way of life and their customs for celebrating the traditional New Year..
Everyone is getting thrilled about winter! Winter is the time for snow, chills, holiday season and fun! In Mongolia, however, there’s a bonus – exhilarating winter festivals! One of the festivals is the Camel Festival, held in the middle of the amazing Gobi Desert of Mongolia, and is already one of the most famous winter festivals in the world. This festival celebrates Mongolian camels, to conserve the 2-humped Bactrian camel species, pass the rich Mongolian camel breeding heritage to the next generation, and to promote winter tourism in Mongolia.
Camel Festival is annually held in 6-7th March and the event will take place in Dalanzadgad town of South Gobi. It’s an entertaining 2-day of event that features various contests related to Mongolian camel culture and lots of local music and dances. Nomads from far and near wear their best deels (Mongolian traditional clothes) and ride their best camels to attend the festival as it’s their pride and a big celebration for them. During the festival, People from Gobi with camels prepare nice dress and traditional clothing to compete for best dressed and there are many kinds of competition among others and everyone in this festival are very satisfied every single programs by competing and involving.amel festival in Southgobi province
Mongolia's two-humped Bactrian camel is nicknamed by local people the "Gobi Ship". It inhabits the Gobi desert in the southern part of Mongolia. .
Khuvsgul Lake is located in the northwest of Mongolia near the border to Russia, at the foot of the eastern Sayan Mountains. It is 1,645 m above sea level, 136 km long and 262 m deep. It is the second-most voluminous freshwater lake in Asia, and holds almost 70% of Mongolia's fresh water and 0.4% of all the fresh water in the world. .
Each year Kazakh hunters from near and far attend the festival with their Golden Eagles, known as Berkut, to enter them into competitions testing speed, agility, and accuracy. Ceremonies, dance performances, a parade in the provincial capital’s city square, and a Kazakh play in honor of the hunters and their eagles. The Golden Eagle Festival is one of the many unique experiences you will have while touring Mongolia..
In Mongolia, the first celebration of the year is the lunar new year, Tsagaan Sar, meaning ”white moon”. The date of the celebrations is determined according to lunar calendar. It’s a great family celebration with many ceremonies, which last three days.
Bayan-Ulgii aimag (province) is located in the West region of our country. It is bordered with Russia and China. 97% of the population is Kazakh whereas the rest 3% are Mongolian minority groups, such as Tuva, Uriankhai and Zakhchin..
Golden Eagle Festival in Bayan-Ulgii Province, located in the Altai Mountains of Western Mongolia. Each year Kazakh hunters from near and far attend the festival with their Golden Eagles, known as Berkut, to enter them into competitions testing speed, agility, and accuracy..
The capital city of Mongolia established 1639. Since then it has changed its place often and found 1778 the current place on the bank of Tuul river. The capital city Ulaanbaatar is by 4 mountains Bogd Khan Uul, Songino Khairkhan, Chingeltei Khairkhan and Bayan Zurkh Khairkhan surrounded and has enough drinking water reserve. .
Since 1206, for the establishment of Great Mongolian Empire, by the order of Chinggis khan, Naadam Festival, the biggest festival in Mongolia has been annually held in Mongolia. Highlights are horse racing, archery, and wrestling.